Thursday, June 27, 2013

Just the two of us



I can not tell you how much I loved this week

So many times, I feel like I'm failing as a mom

I want to be their friend yet all I do is direct and discipline

Each time I have my children one on one {which isn't very often},
I tell myself that I need to make it a point to spend more one on one time with them

Something about having them one on one brings out the qualities I love about them

Full blood brothers yet SO DIFFERENT

This week Spencer was gone a lot (Orchestra and Art Camp)
I'm sure Parker was bored out of his mind not having his brother home to pick on him

I loved every second that Parker and I were together, just the two of us


Some qualities I love about Parker 
 Sweet, Caring, Attentive, Helpful, People Pleaser, Good Shoppper

All these qualities are great but being a good shopper came in handy this week

On Tuesday, we ran a million errands
I had a bill to pay at JcPenney's so we ran in and paid it
While I stood in line at the register, Parker checked out the boys clothes
He walked over to me and asked- Do you think I could start getting my clothes from here? {Adorable}
I asked him to show me some things he liked {Everything with the Nike trademark}
I asked if it would be okay if I took a peek at the dresses for an upcoming wedding
You should have heard my boy,  I'm sure the ladies standing around were in awe
Parker: Mom, do you like this one?
This one is pretty
I like this one, do you?
Try it on!
He zipped the back of the dress, said turn around and grinned ear to ear
He even went out and got me a different size
My heart beamed {He's going to make some lady very happy}


On Wednesday we shopped again
Just the two of us
Spencer was at art camp in Davenport and I had several store I needed to hit
Parker helped pick out his cousins birthday presents
He smelled soap at Bath and Body Works and picked his three favorite scents
We did a lot of window shopping
and
just had fun


It hit me that he's growing up and I probably won't get too many of these days










No comments:

Post a Comment