Sunday, July 13, 2014

Whirl wind

 
 
This last week has been a whirl wind
My head is swirling like a tornado
I'm sleep deprived
and
my emotions have got the best of me
 
Last Saturday we spent 6 hours at church preparing for VBS
 
Last Sunday we had church in the park,
followed by an awesome game of kickball
We came home long enough to get some laundry going
and went back to church for a few more hours to prepare for VBS
We got home about 8:00, put the kids in the showers and finally sat down to breathe
 I heard Spencer yell-
Dad, Mom, Somebody......... {my children can't shower without yelling at least once}
When he yelled somebody, there was panic and I could tell something bad was happening
My guess was the toilet was overflowing
I ran in there to find him buck naked sitting on the toilet seat
I asked what was wrong and he told me that he slipped in water and cut his foot on the vanity
It wasn't until he lifted his foot off the towel that I saw blood
I took a look and saw that he sliced it between the toes {pretty deep}
I called my mom and she was pretty sure she could wave her wand and fix him up
but when she got there, she agreed that it was too deep and it needed stitches
All Spencer could say was-
I can't let me team down, I have to catch tomorrow
I don't want stitches!
My mom assured him that if he got stitches, he would be able to catch
We had a great experience in the ER
9 shots of novocain and 4 stitches later he was ready to play ball
 
He was NOT happy about being there
 
It hasn't bruised a bit and is healing nicely
 
Monday through Friday we had VBS from 9-12 in Wilton,
Spencer went to show choir camp from 1-4,
we had ball tournaments and championship games Monday, Wednesday and Thursday night
and Spencer had his show choir show on Friday night
 
Pictures from our last week of ball
Doing what he loves

Tanner and Spencer

Bridgestone took 2nd place in the championship

Can't play ball without gum or seeds

In the midst of all the chaos,
I applied for a job and got a call for an interview
I interviewed on Wednesday afternoon at 3:30
and accepted the job with the City of Muscatine on Thursday morning
I'm excited, nervous, scared and sad as I step away from my business and clients
The pay and benefits are amazing and I'm excited to start this new chapter
 
Through this crazy week, we have seen God move in so many ways
 
Here's a  video of our kids rocking out at VBS
We don't attend your "normal" church and we like it that way 
 
 
 It's been a great week but is it time for our vacation yet? 


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment