Monday, June 13, 2011

Eye opener

We shouldn't need "eye openers" to see how good we have it but some times we get caught up in our own lives and forget to look around.

I got a real "eye opener" on Saturday night!

As most of you know, 
we have spent the last couple of years trying to find out what's wrong with our little guy
 He spent an entire year coughing
We went to doctor after doctor trying to get answers

bronchitis
sinus infection
whooping cough (rush him to Genesis East)
acid reflux
nervous habit

I had heard it all and wasn't going to give up, until I got THE ANSWER

Tricky insurance, a husband deployed and a sick boy, made me one stressed mama
 Feeling like I wasn't getting any where, I took matters into my own hands, with a pen and paper
I wrote down everything we did and everything he put in his mouth

It took a while but I GOT IT! It's orange hi-c and anything artificially orange flavored

The doctors think I'm nuts but a parent knows their child better than anyone else!

Since then we have had allergy testing done
My little guy laid on the table with welts on his back
I'm glad we had the testing done and Parker is doing better than he has in years

Every morning when I give him his meds,
 I see a cabinet full of allergy meds, nasal sprays, inhalers and epi-pens

On Saturday when I got that "eye opener", I was sitting at Gators in Burlington waiting for our food
 There was a family sitting next to us with 2 boys
 I saw the dad carry in a back pack; I knew what was in that bag, entertainment 
(color books, crayons, books, Nintendo DS)
When they sat down and the dad pulled out an insulin shot, I could have fainted
 That poor little boy!

It was definitely an EYE OPENER! We'll take the allergies, it's nothing compared to diabetes


No comments:

Post a Comment