Sunday, February 12, 2012

SICK and tired

We had a VERY LONG weekend

Cough Cough Cough

I think that's all I've heard this weekend

I must have said COVER YOUR MOUTH a million times

I jinx it every time
Parker has an allergy appointment next month
and I had just said, he has been doing SO GOOD

BAM
Just like that
The poor little guy comes home from school with a sore throat
and within an hour his nose is running like a faucet

He had a low grade fever all weekend and couldn't sleep because of the cough
When HE doesn't sleep; WE don't sleep

Last night, I had to chuckle
We were in bed and all of a sudden I heard Parker's cough through the baby monitor
I thought I had been asleep for hours
I looked at the clock
11:00PM
The hubby got out of bed and turned the monitor down
He had drill this weekend and didn't want his sleep interrupted

What does a Mom do?

I got up, gave Parker some water, an inhaler treatment and more cold medicine
Then I rubbed his back for a half hour and told him that if I could,
I would make him better
He whispered, I know Mama

It breaks my heart when my babies are sick

I'm embarrassed to say, I'm still in my pjs
Not feeling so hot myself

I think this is on the menu again tonight
Ahhh Yes, homemade chicken noodle soup



No comments:

Post a Comment