Friday, March 29, 2013

Anxiety in Iowa City



 Parker had a check up with Dr. Little at Town Square Allergy and Asthma this week

His doctor refers to him as the mystery child

We still don't know what his food allergies are but we know he has them

He had more testing done today for blackberries, blueberries and raspberries

We'll get him figured out one of these days!



As much as I LOVE his doctor, I despise Iowa City


I wish we had some good memories of Iowa City that would block out the bad

This Mama's anxiety has been running high lately and IC makes me just about hyperventilate

I hate driving past exit 249
Pictures of the woman laying over the semi windshield flood my mind
Why would a mother of 3 take her life by jumping off an over pass into oncoming traffic?
I just can't block it out!
It's been 2 years and it seems like just yesterday we were on our way to the clinic for the first time
Telling my baby boy that it was just a dummy but he knew better
and praying for the woman, her family and the semi driver

I also have the memories driving home from IC after Chip's deployment send off
Just me and the boys, thinking how in the world are we ever going to do this again
Looking deployment square in the face
Feeling empty and scared


I wish I could replace these memories with something... anything....








No comments:

Post a Comment