Sunday, December 22, 2013

Ba Humbug



I've been a bit ba humbug lately
I just can't seem to get in the Christmas spirit and I'm not sure why

Christmas is usually my favorite time of year but this year, I could take it or leave it

I'm trying to come up with reasons for my ba humbug mood:

We missed out on the Festival of Trees Parade
Spencer was at a youth conference, Parker had been sick and with temps in the teens we didn't brave it

We didn't go to the Holiday Stroll down town
 Iowa's bitter temps kept us home

Our Christmas tree experience was a flop
My Aunt's funeral was the day we go and Chip signed up for a bowling tournament that evening
We flew to Morning Sun and ended up with a tree that had already been cut
The kids were beyond mad that we didn't get to hunt for the perfect tree and cut down ourselves
And $57.00 for a tree- Yikes!

The boys Christmas programs were a bit ridiculous this year
Old ladies singing blue grass music in between the different grades
and 
why does the middle school insist on having the orchestra and choir concert together?
This made for some long drawn out concerts

I've let some family members get to me this holiday season

$700 car repairs the week before Christmas stink

 Christmas with my Mom's side of the family was postponed until Monday
due to the snow and freezing rain
It's still going to be before Christmas but I was ready to get together

This morning we woke up to 4-5 inches of snow
Church has been cancelled which means no Christmas program
I know our pastor/chief of police just wants everyone safe but it won't be the same after Christmas


I have 3 days to get myself in the mood
Here's to hoping some holiday tunes and baking will do the trick






1 comment:

  1. Aw, bummer! I'm sorry you're not 'feeling' it. I'm a bit in and out of it myself but mostly b/c I was so excited so early that I burnt myself out on it. The good thing is by this point I'm usually so over our Xmas decorations and just want them gone, but this year I'm not feeling that. Could be I'm just feeling lazy and don't have to oomph to even think about dealing with all of that. The taking down is not nearly as fun as the putting up, am I right? :) It's also cruddy for you now that the boys are older and that 'magic' isn't there as much. I dread that day. I'm hoping this isn't Aiden's last year but who knows. Hang in there, friend, and try to enjoy the holiday for what it is -- time with family! And sorry a family member upset you! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete