Friday, April 11, 2014

Life in a nut shell {lately}



I feel like we're running a hundred mph
Is running errands considered exercise? I sure hope so!

We're crossing the end of the school year things off of our list quite quickly

Science Fair was a success
{I still need to write a post on this}

Talent Show tryouts happened 
{BARELY- I'll explain more in a post about the talent show in May}
The kids rocked it and we found out on Monday that - THEY MADE IT


Spencer scored a 1 rating at Solo and Ensemble last Saturday
I think he has just about out grown his tie

We had our Secret Sister reveal at church on Sunday
When I presented my final gift to my SS, she started jumping up and down and said "I knew it was you!"
Am I that predictable?

Here are just a few of the gifts she received over the last year


I LOVE the chick egg holder and almost kept it for myself


Spencer is a great model

A canvas I made to put on top of her box of sunshine

Lisa's box of sunshine

I will be making more of these this fall 

I enjoyed having a SS and I'm sad they're not going to continue it but on the bright side,
maybe I'll have time to get some of my own crafting projects done

I've been busy working on teacher appreciation gifts
46 staff members didn't seem like a lot until I burnt my fingers with  hot glue

We had our first night of ball practice for Spencer Tuesday night

Spencer got his bottom braces on yesterday morning and has been pretty sore
I ended up making him pancakes at 7:30 last night because he needed something soft to eat
Poor kiddo!
I should take a picture, his braces look like they were put on in a chevron pattern
His top teeth are already looking beautiful after 4 short month
I can't wait to see the end results

Spencer has an appointment with his neurologist next week

The deck is coming along {slowly} but we're getting closer
My parents are coming over Sunday to help with the addition {whether permitting}


With all that's been going on, house work has been put aside
I've been planning to wash bedding for 4 days now but every time I go to strip the bed, I find this
and I just can't find it in me to disturb her

This morning I found her here so the bedding got washed
Oh how I wish I had time for a nap with that girl






2 comments:

  1. My mom's cousins and aunts (and me) used to do a Secret Sister exchange, I loved doing it! But we stopped last year, the numbers were dwindling and they decided to stop. :(

    Hopefully we don't get too much rain this weekend so you can work on that deck!

    BTW - our priest here is getting moved to Muscatine in July. We are super sad to see him go, your Catholic church is gaining a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you still doing the box thing? I can't remember what it was called but you sent a gift to someone? That's kind of like having a SS.

      We got the holes dug for the 4x4 posts and called it a day on Sunday. The rain was coming down too hard and everyone was covered in mud.

      Do you know which church your priest is coming to?

      Delete