Sunday, April 27, 2014

Amaze me, would ya?

Some times out of the blue, my boys amaze me
It's usually on a day when I'm feeling worn and searching for a little sign that I'm not failing
My boys are far from perfect
 and many days I feel like the only thing we get done is directing and disciplining
but then they do something and I'm like, holy moly, they are getting it!
Here's what's going on in the life of my kiddos
Spence is finishing up his 6th grade year and I'm teary eyed thinking about how fast it went
We expect a lot out of this boy and sometimes I feel like maybe we should let our guard down a bit
but lets just say, we know this boy and we know what he's capable of
Middle school has been great for him
He has straight A's and his teachers love him
They keep him on his toes which is what he needs
I always say- Give the boy to much time and freedom and you'll regret it
His mind and body need to stay moving 24/7 but there are some down falls to this
Spence is like the energizer bunny but when his batteries finally run dead they are done
When he gets run down and tired, we have to watch for migraines
We were at the University of Iowa Children's Hospital last week for a check up for his migraines
Dr. Bonthius wants to take Spence off his medicine
Spencer flat out told him he won't stop taking it
If the doc refuses to refill the prescription, we will be finding a new doc
It surprised me when Spencer was so adamant about not going off of it
It's kind of a shocker when your kids start talking to the doctor and rolls are reversed
 I was siting in the corner listening to the conversation and was like, woooh what just happened?
It was odd but awesome to see Spencer taking the rings
He's definitely becoming a young man
Ready or not

Spencer has been a little under the weather this week
On Wednesday, he forgot to go to his private orchestra lesson
I asked him if I needed to email his teacher, he told me I could if I wanted to but didn't need to
I told him that maybe he should email her since it was his lesson and his mistake
Boy was I shocked when I got home from work and he told me he emailed her

We are trying to raise these boys with manners and respect
I'm sure his teacher appreciated that the email came from her student and not just another mom

It makes my heart sing when I see these kids making good choices

While I enjoy these little things that are happening,
lets not grow up too quick

A couple of weeks ago we were standing in the kitchen and out of the blue,
Spencer asked if I like anyone before I married his dad
Followed by: I kind of like this girl
I'm so glad he feels like he can talk to me but
I can't help but feel like they'll be grown in the blink of an eye

That's what's going on with Spencer


Parker has been my side kick this week
Under the weather doesn't even begin to describe what's going on with this little guy
This kiddo has been down right miserable
His allergies and asthma are totally out of whack and now he has bronchitis

On Monday I duked it out with the school
I felt there was a lack of concern for his health and safety
after leaving school having an asthma attack that no one caught onto
Walking in the school got me no where but pissed off
It's amazing what an email directed to the right people will do
All is well in our world again

I've spent hours on the phone this week that I'll never get back
I spent an entire paycheck on meds, meds and more meds
This boy is my life and I will do whatever it takes to help and protect him

His doc mentioned more medication and I just can't do it to him
He's on so much already
I don't know how the boy functions some days
He must be used to it because on Monday he brought his midterm grades home
Parker has an A in every class and we couldn't be more proud
He has never loved school
 He goes because he has no choice and he continues to amaze us

I love that my sweet little man is still so sweet
I love that he still gives me hugs and asks to have his back rubbed at bed time

That's what's going on with Parker


These boys amaze me and I LOVE them with all my heart
















No comments:

Post a Comment