Sunday, September 7, 2014

The good, the bad and the ugly



I've been at my new job for over a month now
When I look back it's flown by but on the other hand every day creeps by
{especially the hot days}
Most days are good 
I've had one really ugly day and wouldn't you know, it was my birthday
A lady called my boss and told her I was unfriendly
I didn't know I had to hug people when I handed them their parking ticket
I was having a rough day anyway - who likes turning another year older?
No, seriously, it was just one of those days when everything that could go wrong, does
I took the complaint to heart and felt like my boss was siding with her
I spent the day an emotional mess wondering if I {the people pleaser} was cut out for the job
In the back of my mind, I still wonder if I made a huge mistake switching careers

People keep asking if I like my new job:
Who likes ticking people off all day?

On Friday as I was chalking cars on Second Street
An older lady in an suv pulled up and asked if I was waiting for peoples meters to expire
I told her I wasn't, I was chalking cars but what I really wanted to say was:
No you idiot, there aren't even meters on this street and mind you own business


 Most days are good
but then we have the ugly; REALLY UGLY
This smells as nasty as it looks

When I have a bad day, I find myself concentrating on the ugly
and then I round the corner and I see beauty
or a new friend or business owner I've met


I'm looking forward to cooler temperatures which will make the 8-10 miles more enjoyable

I'm dreading winter but keep telling myself that I can always put more clothes on


I'm hoping for more better days ahead!














No comments:

Post a Comment