Saturday, November 8, 2014

Getting out of this rut



I have been in a total rut lately
I can't pin point one thing that brought it on
I think it has been escalating over some time

My job is not always all it's cracked up to be
I was looking at the dollar signs when I accepted the position
I thought more money and less worry about bills would fix all
It hasn't
The more you make, the more you spend {period}
I'm a people pleaser and hate writing tickets but trust me, I write plenty
I'll be making my first court appearance soon
I can't believe people fight their ticket when they know they were clearly in the wrong
{Don't park in a handicapped spot if you're not handicapped}

There aren't enough hours in a weekend
I have so many things I want to get done around the house
When I do have the time, I don't have the motivation

So much sickness
Within the last two months, two people close to my heart were given the dreaded news
CANCER
My bf from high school has ovarian cancer
She's a single mom to three beautiful girls, her ex husband is a dead beat and doesn't help supply the girls with any of their needs, she just started taking classes to better her and her girls lives and then....
and
Sharon was diagnosed with breast cancer
They are both taking chemo treatments and struggling with every day tasks
 It breaks my heart to see how wore down and sick they have become
My Aunt was also diagnosed with ovarian cancer and is slowly losing her battle
{Cancer Sucks!}

I'm healthy, my kids and husband are healthy
So why am I in this rut
I have everything I could possible need
I'm BLESSED and yet I'm in a frump

Uh the politics and crap on tv

It's on going and I wish for ONE day, everything was positive
No bullying and bashing of other politicians
No violence
No sickness

On to better things....
I'm REALLY going to try to get out of this rut
96.1 is playing Christmas music
The down town stores are setting up beautiful Christmas trees
and I'm going Christmas shopping with one of my bf's next week

I love Thanksgiving and I'm not trying to push it out of the way
I just need more than 4 short weeks to prepare for Christmas
So, I'm getting started
You will not see me in a store Black Friday shopping on Thanksgiving day
These stores became greedy and don't allow their employees to be with family
Shame on them!


Here's to happy and positive thoughts!






1 comment:

  1. I agree, no store should be opening on Tgiving Day to boost their bottom dollar.

    Sorry to hear about your friends having cancer. It does totally suck. :( Hope shopping and getting in the Xmas swing of things helps you get out of the rut!

    ReplyDelete