Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Playing catch up



I haven't taken time to sit down and blog much
Maybe it's because I feel like we are living the same rat race every day
Work, School, Cook, Clean, Sleep and Start Over

So I'm backing up a little bit

We look forward to the homecoming parade every year
They were calling for severe storms the night of the parade
The school jumped the gun, canceled the parade and the storms totally missed us


We had the annual Fall Festival at Colorado School about a month ago
The teachers, staff and students put so much into it every year
I went in every morning to help count raffle tickets
The kids sold enough to make their goal {11,000}and they duct taped the principal to the wall
Again, our luck hasn't been the best and we had to miss the biggest night of the year
Parker was home sick with a fever and bronchitis


We had parent teacher conferences two weeks ago
The boys are doing great 
AS a parent, I could go on for hours about Common Core Math Curriculum and SBG grading system
What was wrong with the way we learned?
What happened to spelling tests, learning cursive and memorizing multiplication facts?
I'm dealing with it but I have just about bit my tongue off several times


Spencer had choir and orchestra masquerade concerts
I love to see the kids dressed up in their costumes and they play fun music like "Thriller"


Over the weekend we celebrated Halloween
Spencer borrowed Grandma's clown costume and Parker went as a Zombie Skeleton
We carved pumpkins and went to my work Halloween party


I can't believe we are close to wrapping up another year
My baby will be 10 next month!
Where does the time go?












1 comment: