Thursday, January 8, 2015

The holidays and everything in between



Wowza... it's been a long time since I blogged
We got through the holidays, holy smokes that went fast
I'm thinking that people who work outside the home should get 2 weeks off at Christmas 
Now that I'm back out in the working world, 
I would do ANYTHING to have a little break during the holidays
I had cute crafts I wanted to make, more decorations to put out and my shopping was rushed
Every year I say I'm going to start earlier and get done so I can actually ENJOY
Thankfully the hubby gets great vacation benefits so he helped with some of the decorating
Normally I'm kind of picky about the decorating but it was either-
Let him do it and be quiet about it or accept the fact that it wouldn't get done so I stayed quiet
The week before Thanksgiving he set up the village
We started painting our village back in 1997 when we first started dating
I love it and the fact that there is so much love poured into it
It's not just a village that was purchased at a store
Each piece was picked and painted with care
When we paint a new piece, we write the date on the bottom
It's fun to get the village out and see those dates
This picture doesn't even begin to show how beautiful the village is
I promise to take pictures of all 27 pieces next year



Our Christmas tree was pretty sad this year
We called it the big Charlie Brown Christmas Tree
We went to a tree farm in Nichols
 The boys enjoyed petting the horses but the trees were disappointing


We probably should have tried a different tree farm but
every year the hubby bowls in a tournament the day we get our tree so we didn't have much time
Next year I'll be sure to go a different day so we have more time to find the perfect tree
I just kept saying- I can't believe I paid $50 for THAT tree
I didn't even take a picture of it all decorated because it was so hideous








Every year I buy the boys a new ornament
I try to pick one that "fits them"
This year Spencer got a violin and Parker got a crab


















During the month of December we had all kinds of concerts
Parker performed with the Colorado Jammers at the Holiday Stroll and at his Winter Choir Concert
and
Spencer had two concerts (choir and orchestra) the week before Christmas


My brother and his family were home the weekend before Christmas
It's so much fun to get these kids together
There was lots of singing, piano playing and they even performed a skit of Jesus birth


I finally got our Christmas card out the week of Christmas


On Christmas Eve, I had a fever and felt like a knife was stabbing me in the lungs when I coughed
I was feeling a little better Christmas Day so we opened gifts at home
 and then went to spend the day with my parents
My mom always makes hot cider, cheese ball, a cookie tray and of course a fire in the fire place
There is no place I'd rather be on Christmas


Favorite Gifts:
Our kids were spoiled and got everything they could possibly want
Spencer wanted a gun and told me that he didn't care if he didn't got anything else
Can you tell he was excited?

My Mom and Dad gave Parker his favorite gift this year
Grandma made Parker a new camouflage robe and matching pajama pants
I've had to sneak them in the laundry while he's sleeping
He has wore them every day since Christmas


The day after Christmas I ended up at Urgent Care with bronchitis
I'm so glad I made it through the holidays and had the weekend to rest and paint some village pieces
This coming year, I'll be working on those cute crafts and I'll be picking up gifts as I see them
With hopes that next Christmas will be more relaxed and enjoyable










1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Spencer is as tall as you are now! Great family pic for your card!

    I had a few village pieces I painted way back when, not sure what ever happened to them. Completely forgot about them. My guess is I wasn't happy with them and took them to Goodwill. :)

    ReplyDelete