Saturday, October 29, 2011

Busy Saturday

I knew we had a a lot to accomplish today
Did I really think it would ALL get done?
NOPE

I'm glad my expectations weren't to high

I started this morning at 5:00AM
Clothes in the washer
Dishes in the dishwasher

And  went back to bed until 7:00AM
Now the day could officially start

The boys carved pumpkins in their underwear
I actually carved Parker's and vowed to NEVER carve pumpkins again
I have NEVER enjoyed carving pumpkins
I hate the slimy stuff
I can't stand the smell
or
The HUGE mess

Look who decided to help


After the pumpkins were done


We took them in the bathroom, turned off the lights and let them glow

Spencer's is a cat
and
Parker's is Frankenstein
(Sorry about the blurry picture)

I cleaned up the pumpkin mess
and made a new mess in the kitchen
This mess was SO worth it
I have a friend raising money for a breast cancer walk
Her mom is a breast cancer survivor and they are having a bake sale

I had been wanting to try a recipe I found
on none other than Pinterest

Baked Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes
Made em and Tried em 
and OH MY!
Spencer ate one and I think I heard something like
I think I just died and went to heaven :)
Don't worry, I will be creating a post with the recipe

I needed to cuten (Is that a word) these up
and thought these were adorable
I put the donut holes in a wrapper,
put 6 donuts on a small white plate, put them in a ziploc bag and stamped spiders on it
I also made giant dipped marshmallows and peanut butter pizza

After I had my kitchen looking like a tornado hit it
I decide it was time to put the costumes on and go visit my Great Aunt Ruby
She wasn't feeling well today but wanted us to come
She's a sweet sweet lady and we love her dearly
Thanks for the yummy snacks Aunt Ruby!

The last thing on my to do list today
was to get some pictures taken
Every Christmas, I make a calendar for my mom
The weather was great so today was the day
Wouldn't you know it, my camera and my children had issues

Parker isn't sure how to smile with all those missing teeth
What use to come so natural, now looks ridiculous
My camera was also acting up
90% of my pictures were blurry
I would have been more upset about the camera if the kids had cooperated
These are just a few shots I captured


Really guys?

I guess it's time to call it a day


No comments:

Post a Comment