Sunday, October 30, 2011

Christmas already?

Yesterday we carved pumpkins
Today we heard Christmas music
What happened to Thanksgiving?

Wal-mart has already turned their garden center into a Christmas display
Trees, cards, gift wrap, ornaments and lights

Hobby Lobby has also been filled to the brim with Christmas decor

Honestly, I can't help but get a little excited

My friend and I just planned our annual Christmas shopping trip
I can't wait! I only get to see her about once a year and we spend ALL DAY together

I had a $10 gift certificate to Hallmark burning a hole in my pocket
so I bought 4 rolls of Christmas gift wrap
Some people have a shoe fetish, I have a gift wrap fetish (no joke)

I am already thinking about making holiday throw pillows
What do you think?
Christmas tree pillows

The boys and I have been to Toy Land countless times to make wish lists

Speaking of wish lists-
Can't my children be 2 again so I can shop in the Little Tike and Fisher Price aisle?

Spencer wants a BB gun
(You're going to shoot your eye out)
I'm not sure how I feel about this yet
With daddy in the military and a Grandpa that has a full gun safe,
what else would a 9 year old boy want?

Parker wants EVERYTHING
Good thing he has a birthday 8 days before Christmas
He circled everything he wants in the Toy Land ad
This made me laugh















I told ya he wants EVERYTHING
He's wants everything from a doll house to WWE action figures

I am thankful that I have already started my lists and my shopping
but the lists keep getting longer

As I was walking through Wal-mart today,
I saw a big box filled with Christmas Cd's
I LOVE Christmas music
I of course sifted through it
but didn't buy any

It won't be long and the hubby will be working like a maniac
hanging Christmas lights outside
I like things simple
A candle in each window is beautiful
But he enjoys having the brightest house on the block
so I let him do his thing
Chip's ultimate dream would be to have lights flashing to the beat of Christmas music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hjtd__eEmA&feature=related

I'm getting excited but promised myself that the tree wouldn't go up until Black Friday

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with you about getting excited. This is the time of year that I actually don't mind going to Wal-mart. I looked through the same box but I am a sucker for Christmas music and bought two cd's that I will listen to all year long :)

    ReplyDelete