Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Nieces


I'm pretty excited this week
I'm getting a new niece,
I will be referring to her as M
She's from Ethiopia and she's darling
She has beautiful dark skin
and
OH MY! Those eyes
 (dark like Hershey kisses and they can make you melt)
I can't wait to show you pictures once the adoption is complete

My brother and sister in-law are in Africa for their first court date
If all goes well, they will come back home and wait for the call to go back to get her

My brother and sister in-law get to spend a couple days with her
 I can't wait to hear how their visit goes

As crazy as I think they are
I'm excited to be the Aunt of this little girl

This journey started in January
A family that lives in Wisconsin adopted M's biological brother and half brother
This family had 3 children of their own which quickly made them a family of 7
When they found out that there was a little sister living with an Uncle,
The family contacted Jeremy and Leslie and asked if they would be interested
And that's how it all started

I already have 2 nieces (age 7 and  3)

I worry about the girls and hope they adjust well

My mom will be leaving for Wisconsin today
She will be taking care of the girls while their parents are gone

I always try to send something special for the girls
I decided a Thanksgiving bag would be the way to go
The girls love crafts so I put some craft kits together
I got the ideas off of Pinterest and used supplies I had to make the kits

Thanksgiving toilet paper roll corn

Pinned Image

I also packed some yummy fall goodies

I heard from Leslie this morning-
She said they are safe, they slept well,
they were having pepsi and enjoying the internet at their hotel
and M is already calling them mom and dad :)


Natalie and Miriam- We miss you and we hope you have a fun week with Grandma!
M- We can't wait to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment