Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Will it ever be the same?

I'm beginning to wonder,
will it ever be the same?

In August, I started teaching gymnastics again
I absolutely LOVE the job
I love the kids and it's so rewarding to watch them learn

One day at work, I was spotting kids
They were supposed to jump on the spring board and I would lift them on to the vault
One of the kids came running and I knew one of us was going to get hurt
She was running too far to the left for me to be able to lift her
I dove for her and kicked the spring board
I'm glad I was the one that got hurt

I knew I had done something major right away
The pain was INTENSE
and the pain hasn't gone away :(
I waited 12 days before I went to get X-rays

I was sure it was broke and they would tell me to just tape them together
When my foot started going numb several times a day I became concerned

Here's what the Dr. had to say-
No fracture seen on xray.
 You have a severe sprain with nerve irritation
from the associated swelling.
Elevate and stay off of it as much as possible.
Continue taking Ibuprofen every 6 hours as needed.
These injuries usually take approximately 6 weeks to heal.

Grrrr! I have No patience and 6 weeks is a LONG time
Oh and I have 2 active little boys, 2 jobs and a house to keep up
Staying off of it isn't an option

I wore the UGLY boot for 2 weeks
It hurt when I had it on and it hurt when I had it off
I have retired the boot!
Its been a month, it can stop hurting any time now

Here's what it looks like today
(It looks much better but doesn't feel much better)

It almost feels like I need to pull on it and unjam it
but I can barely touch it
Who would like to knock me over the head and pull on it

Will it ever be the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment