Friday, November 4, 2011

Peanut Butter Pizza

Many people have asked for this recipe
To be honest, there really isn't one

Here is what I have done ~

1 pkg. of sugar cookie dough
I REALLY like Aldi's refrigerated coolie dough but it's not always available
I have used Pillsbury refrigerated dough (this raised A LOT and was much too crumbly for my liking)
and I have also used Betty Crocker cookie mix in a bag (add butter and an egg)

Line a 12" pizza pan with foil
Lightly mist foil with cooking spray
With floured hands, spread cookie dough on pizza pan and make sure to make a little lip for the crust

The baking part is a  little tricky ~
I usually set my timer according to the directions but it's never done, so I just watch until it looks done
Don't over bake your cookie! If it's to hard it will crumble when you cut it
After the cookie is done baking, set it on cooling racks to cool
When it's almost cool, take a larger pizza pan and place it upside down
on top of your cookie and flip everything over
You should be able to remove the pan your cookie was baked on
Gently pull the foil off the back of your cookie
Place the original pizza pan back on the bottom of the cookie and flip back over

Ta Da.....

I usually let my cookie cool completely before I decorate it

Once it's cool and frosted with peanut butter, cut your cookie with a sharp knife 

Then the decorating is up to you

I have used ~
M&M's
Candy corn
Reeses Pieces
Sprinkles
Chocolate chips
Butterscotch chips

Drizzle with frosting
 (I used store bought frosting and a ziploc bag with the tip cut off  to decorate)

Now enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment