Thursday, July 19, 2012

FUN @ Fun City



Last weekend we went to Fun City in Burlington for the first time
(Chip has been there with some military buddies but it was a first for the family)

We weren't planning a trip to Fun City but when my mom said Monsanto (her employer) was giving each child/grandchild $70 on a card for their work picnic, we thought we better go


When my Mom told me that they were estimating 600 people from Monsanto, 
I cringed but tried to have a good time


I heard GREAT things about Fun City

My husband and kids LOVED it

I'm secretly praying that I never have to go back 
(Don't tell my kids or husband)

If I could ride the go carts all day without standing in line, I would love it too


The go carts were our favorite

 My Mom even got in on the action


We played laser tag
 The boys went in for the first round and then drug me in 
I LOVED it and came out saying - My cheeks hurt from smiling so much


Parker was pretty excited that he was FINALLY tall enough to ride a ride by himself
 And what's better than a roller coaster simulator?
 He even got Grandma to go with him
He showed her the emergency button in case she got sick when they went upside down


Spencer was very brave and decided to ride this BEFORE we ate lunch
I remember doing this before I had kids and became the lady with the worst motion sickness ever


The boys were anxious - I was dreading it!
I REALLY DISLIKED the pool area - HATE would be a better word
There were SO MANY people! 
I would have preferred my kids stay in the inside pool area 
I liked them contained and could keep track of them easier
 but they made their way out side

I had a not so proud moment while I was trying to keep up with Parker
A lady stepped on the back of my flip flop and broke it
I'm pretty sure that I gave her the look of death
She looked back at me and said - Dude, I just stepped on your flip flop
First of all, I am NOT a dude
and
Second of all, you didn't just step on it, you broke it

 Anyway, I got over it and tried to enjoy the rest of our time 

The boys floated down the lazy river and swam in the pool 
and then this mama broke the bad news
We had been at Fun City for 6 hours
It was time to go!


I'm glad the boys had fun
 and 
I'm thankful for Monsanto for blessing their employees and families


No comments:

Post a Comment