Friday, July 6, 2012

Celebrating the 4th


I thought I was going to die a few times 

Celebrating the 4th when it's one hundred degrees isn't much fun

We started out the morning by sleeping in a little bit (7:00AM)

The boys and I went to Hy-Vee for donuts
(I just heard that Hy-Vee is going to do away with their donut section and repalce it with Starbucks ) (Boooo!)

I made some yummy lemonade in hopes of saving some money and time spent in lines
If you want to check it out, go here
I will say NOTHING and I mean NOTHING beats those lemonade shake ups you can buy at the parade
Our lemonade was good and cold but it wasn't nearly as great as the shake ups

We headed to the Grandview parade 
I LOVE parades but I HATE finding parking 
A couple of years ago, we started parking at the old Grandview Corners and walking to the park
It's not bad when it's not to hot but when it's one hundred degrees, It's just plain miserable

It was so hot, the fancy cars, tractors and floats were tearing up the asphalt
The town of Grandview may never allow a parade again after they have to pay to have their roads repaired


Parker enjoyed the petting zoo
I hope he never wants a pet pig
Those babies were cute but very loud and stinky



Waiting for the candy to be thrown


After the Grandview parade we went to my parents for lunch
My Mom is an amazing cook but it was almost too hot to eat 
I could have just lived on the bowl of watermelon

We stayed at my parents all afternoon and watched the Olympic Trials while the kids swam

At 4:00 it was time to head to the next parade

Spencer and I were in the Muscatine parade with the Cub Scouts
I was so thankful that we got to ride and didn't have to walk

After the parade we decided we needed to cool down,
I went to the store and the boys decided to swim for a while until Spencer and the pool filter got into it



Then it was time for fireworks!
We walked over to the river, sat up chairs and waited for them to begin

That was the extent of our 4th
It was a hot day but overall a lot of fun



No comments:

Post a Comment