Tuesday, August 21, 2012

33! How can I be?


I always imagined I would be married and that I would have kids
but some how, I never imagined life beyond 25

I'm married, I have two amazing boys
and
I'm another year older
 (which makes me 33- how did that happen?)


On Sunday night my Mom had a birthday dinner for me
Steak, fried potatoes, salad, watermelon, cantaloupe
 and for dessert
CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH WHIPPED FROSTING
and 
WHITE CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY ICE CREAM

Oh My Goodness!

I told my Mom that she makes a bigger deal out of our birthdays now 
than she did when we were kids
My Mom just laughs

My parents gave me-
 Some vintage Pyrex bowls
 A purse
A cookbook they picked up at a Flea Market
and 
A pair of silver hoop earrings



The kids went back to school on my birthday so I enjoyed some window shopping by MYSELF

I went to Davenport and looked around
I didn't buy much but found a lot I could have bought if I were rich

I almost had to have this
philosophy shower gel, i love candy corn
I LOVE all Philosophy products and let me tell you, this smelled AMAZING
I may have to go back and get some

I also found THE PERFECT purse
The one my Mom got me was a bit bigger than I like (and I like BIG)
So I returned the purse she gave me (with her permission) and searched for a new one
I found it!
The straps were braided and a perfect length
The size was good
I LOVED the color (Not quite gold, not quite champagne)
And then I noticed something about the purse
The buckle was sewn on upside down
SERIOUSLY
It was the only purse like it and it was flawed
I came home and got online praying I could find it online
No SUCH LUCK
I found one that's a different color (I don't love the color) but it might just have to work
I haven't talked my self into it yet
I liked the shimmer of the other one
I'm bummed!

I also found the cutest dress at TJMAXX and passed on it too
I'm kicking my self now


The only thing I bought myself was a Diet Coke at Target


It was a good thing I didn't splurge because my hubby did
He bought me a new computer monitor
and
took the family out to Applesbees


Over all it was a great birthday but I still can't believe I'm 33





No comments:

Post a Comment