Thursday, August 2, 2012

August already?


 I can't believe it's August!

Seriously, where has this year gone?

We registered the boys for school yesterday

I can't believe we are going to have a fifth grader and a second grader

and

I can't believe I'm going to be 33 this month
(I'm feeling pretty old)
Did I mention that the kids go back to school on my birthday?
For some, this may be the best gift ever but I'm not ready to send them back


We have 3 weeks until school starts and a whole lot to accomplish on our Summer Bucket List

Some how I have to pack all of this in -

Visit all city parks    Road trip    Wild Cat Den    Canoe    Drive in   
  Fishing    Farmer's Market    Tennis    Ice Skating    Play in the rain    
Salt Clay    Jolly Rancher suckers    Taffy    Wii dance party    Bubbles    
Sidewalk chalk   Lock and dam    Bowling    Water bombs   

I have already decided that I will NOT have a bucket list next summer

Instead I will have a Summer of Fun list
We've done a lot of fun things this summer that weren't on our bucket list

I have the Summer Bucket List on the brain and feel like if it doesn't ALL get done,
I might feel like I have failed
(I'm certain it's not all going to get done and I just need to accept that)

I would hope, that if someone asks my boys if they have had a fun summer - They would say yes


Summer is also for relaxing and we have done our fair share of this
We had a lot of down time cooped up in the house,
due to excessive heat and my work schedule

Here's to trying to enjoy this REALLY HOT summer




No comments:

Post a Comment