Monday, August 13, 2012

Vacation - Omaha


We are back from vacation and I'm already feeling like I need another one

Don't get me wrong, it was nice to get away,
things just didn't go quite as I had planned

There's my problem,
I should not plan

The hubby ended up with a fever the three days we were gone
and
it was HOT in Omaha
On Wednesday we went to the zoo and it was 95 degrees
(81 degrees back in Iowa - Go Figure!)


On Tuesday we drove to Omaha 
We had lunch at The Amazing Pizza Machine



After lunch we checked into our hotel and let the kids swim for a bit

Once the kids had some of their energy burned we went to the Old Market (Down Town)
The kids enjoyed spending money at the Candy Shop 
We had supper at Subway and headed back to the hotel to crash

On Wednesday we went to Henry Doorley Zoo
(Need I say more? This zoo is AMAZING)




After the zoo we let the kids swim some more
and then we went and checked out the Pioneer Courage Park


On Thursday morning, we checked out of our hotel and went back downtown

We walked the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge




After we were done with our walk, the boys were hungry
I heard that Jones Bros. Cupcakes has the best cupcakes on the planet
Well guess what, they are no longer in downtown Omaha
We ended up at Bliss Bakery to have some sweets



And we headed home

No comments:

Post a Comment