Wednesday, November 21, 2012

It's okay to be scared


Last week we found out our little man will be having surgery 

We've been talking about this boys nose for quite some time
Every winter when it gets dry, it gets worse and bleeds (LOTS)
We had been using vaseline in his nose every other night but have resorted to every night

The little one gets embarrassed
 and  it got to be a bit much when he was having 3 nose bleeds a day

Thankfully we had an appointment with the ENT coming up
We have discussed the nose at the last 5 appointments but have put off fixing it because of our insurance
(I know, it doesn't make sense-Insurance is supposed to help right)

The Dr. has agreed to do the surgery in the office to bypass our out of this world deductible

Dr. Simpson is confident that Parker will do great

I'm not going to lie,
THIS MAMA IS SCARED
I'm wondering if we made the right decision to have it done in the office
Would he do better at the hospital or at the surgical center?

They told us NOTHING about recovery
The Dr. did tell me that he will numb his nose really good - AMEN

If Parker is nervous, he isn't showing it
My sweet little man just wants a nose that doesn't bleed
 I've told him it's okay to be scared and he just smiles

Surgery is scheduled for next Wednesday
I'm sure everything will be fine but until then, I'll worry








No comments:

Post a Comment