Monday, December 17, 2012

Celebrating in sadness




As the world is still shaken from the tragic shooting in CT, 
I feeling guilty because we are celebrating 
I get to hold my baby, tell him I love him and wish him a happy 8th birthday

20 of the lives taken were younger than my Parker
7 staff members died trying to protect these little angels

While I hear news anchors talking about the horrific incident,  see the pictures of those innocent children, 
the pictures of parents hysterical and the police men huddled together supporting one another

My heart aches for the families, friends and police department

The parents of these young children won't get to celebrate another birthday with their child
For this reason, I feel guilty
but I also know that our days on earth are numbered and we should celebrate every one of them


This sweet boy turned 8 today and we are blessed that he is happy and healthy

Parker - Happy Birthday Big Guy!
You bring joy to our hearts with your infectious smile
That dimple in your right cheek is enough to melt your mama's heart
You are sweet, lovable, caring and attentive
Celebrate every day and know that you are loved more than you'll ever know







No comments:

Post a Comment