Saturday, January 12, 2013

Taking responsiblity



My children need to take some responsibility and I need help making them responsible
I am the reason they are irresponsible and I'm going to fix it

I have became overwhelmed with bags, shoes, snow pants and gloves  laying in front of the door
There is NO REASON my children can't put their things away

Things are going to be changing around here!

Here are a  few things that have inspired me-

Printables printables everywhere!




I found this list on Pinterest and laughed hysterically as I read it
and my oldest laughed as I told him that at the age of 3 he should have been washing walls

Here is/was my belief-
I should do everything for my children otherwise I will be labeled a "lazy Mom"
By doing everything for my children, I realize that I am raising "lazy children"

My children have a LONG way to go
We are going to start with the list below on Monday
I'm sure I will hear a whole lot of moaning and groaning but I have to stick to it


Morning
Wake up 
Get dressed
Find/eat breakfast
Brush teeth and put on deodorant
Make sure school bag is packed (Violin and music book on Tuesday and Wednesday)


After School
Hang coat up/Put shoes on the rug
Unpack bag (Lunch box and agendas on the counter)
Put bags on the stools
Do homework (Work on spelling every day)
Practice violin 


Night
Make sure dirty clothes are put in the laundry room
Take baths/shower
Take meds
Brush teeth
Read



After looking at that list, it is a bit crazy
I would NEVER hand my 14 year old a debit card


My goal is to give my boys chores so they become responsible
We will start out by rewarding the boys with a surprise
 (a small allowance, a trip to get ice cream, a video game from FV.....)
I don't believe in always paying children to do chores
Children are part of the family and they should do their part to live under the same roof as their family


Must remember this.
(I hope this is true)

No comments:

Post a Comment