Sunday, January 13, 2013

Young Artist (Spencer) at the Figge



On Thursday as I was going through the boys yellow folders from school,
I found a note from Spencer's art teacher (Mrs. Sessler)

Spencer's art was picked to be on display at the Figge Museum in Davenport
I was so excited for him but he acted like it was nothing (typical boy)

We received an invitation for this weekend to view his art work
Chip had drill and Grandma was in New Orleans so we invited Grandpa

Grandpa took us to lunch at Golden Corral
He knows the way to my boys hearts (Buffet and Chocolate fondue fountain)

The boys were enjoying their lunch so much we almost missed the award ceremony
We got there just in time

Spencer got his award before we had even seen his art work
Let me say, Mrs. Sessler knows an artist
 When I saw his piece- I WAS SO PROUD

All he had told me was- It's a witch
I'm not sure what I was expecting but it wasn't this
I think it's beautiful



After the ceremony three names were drawn for Young Artist Scholarship Day
Guess who will be going?
SPENCER

Congratulations Spencer!
Your art work is amazing and we are so proud of you


No comments:

Post a Comment