Thursday, October 24, 2013

Parker caught the bug {the flu bug}



I was on my way home from work yesterday when an aid at the school called

She had Parker in the office and he was one sick little boy

He went down to the office in the morning and said he didn't feel good
They took his temp and sent him back to class
Fast forward an hour and the poor kiddo was puking on the floor and had a fever

I brought him home and got him comfy on the couch

The poor boy threw up every half hour for 8 and half hours
That's a whole lot of puking
{and this mama did a whole lot of hand washing}

He couldn't even keep water down 
which also meant that we couldn't keep meds in him to get the fever down

My heart ached
He didn't know what he wanted
He thought he wanted a drink but would soon want the bucket
He was hot and wanted an ice pack but all of a sudden he had the chills and wanted a warm bath
He was fidgety and couldn't get comfortable

At 10:30 he finally fell asleep but was pretty restless
I slept in the living room with him and heard him laughing at 3AM
My initial thought was - Oh my goodness, his fever is high and he's delusional
and then he started telling me about his dream
He even got up and imitated what the people in his dream were doing
Praise the Lord this boy was showing signs of improvement

He went back to bed and slept until 8:40
His cheeks are pink but the thermometer says 98.7

I don't wish this violent bug on anyone

Stay healthy my friends and wash those hands


No comments:

Post a Comment