Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A post all over the place... {Maybe too much cold medicine}



We started the New Year off with a bang
Literally
On Thursday (Jan. 2nd) morning we were hit from behind pulling out of the Wal-Mart parking lot
The guy that hit us was an absolute jerk
He didn't want me to call the police or turn it into insurance because his insurance would go up
At one point, the boys thought the guy was going to hit me
An accident report was filed and I left

Since then I've been on the phone way too many times to count
 Trying to get a claim # {I got 2 different claim #'s from 2 different people}
An estimate appointment {$600 Yikes but could have been worse}
 A rental car {I sure hope they give me something good}

Thankfully we're all okay and the van will be fixed at the end of the month


The weather here has been COLD!
I think it was something like -30 with the wind chill on Monday
The kids got lucky and got an extra day off {Tuesday} due to the freezing temps
Today the kiddos headed back to class and I breathed a sigh of relief
We all function SO MUCH BETTER in a routine


I've come down with a nasty cold
I don't get sick often but when I do it hits like a mack truck
They sure took all the good stuff out of cold medicine
Nothing seems to work


This blog post is kind of all over the place but I guess I'm just here to document
It's not how things are written, it's the stories that are told

Here are a couple of things I wanted to jot down for the memories

I've posted before about how much my kids adore my parents
My Mom is an amazing seamstress
Every year since the boys were itty bitty, she has made them flannel pajama pants
She usually picks a flannel print that has something on it that the boys like {soccer, baseball, skateboards}
For Christmas, each of the kids got a new pair of "comfy pants"
Spencer opened the package, held them up to his nose and said- they smell like Grandma's house
Later that day, I asked what he thought Grandma's house smelled like
His response: HAPPINESS
My Mom cried when I told her what he said
She's heard Spencer say that things smell like her house and she's asked him what it smells like
he's never had an answer until that day, he just kept saying it smelled like Grandma's house
We're guessing it's my mom's perfume but how sweet

The boys have spent just about every day of their Christmas break in their "comfy pants"
This morning when we were getting ready for school,
we found out that Parker may have ate too many Christmas cookies
None of his pants will button
Thank goodness for older brothers and hand me down pants
He won't be wearing "comfy pants to school


It's the little things in life that make us laugh









No comments:

Post a Comment