Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Some days




Some days I wonder why God lead us on the path we've been on
Other days, I'm a tiny bit thankful for those days

Our first deployment, I call it "OUR" because we were in it together
Not literally but when a spouse is deployed, the other is left to keep putting the puzzle of life together
This deployment made me independent
I learned to do things on my own with a 1 year old in tow

Our second deployment made me even more independent
Almost to the point of shutting everyone out of our lives
I had the boys and that was all I needed
They kept me going on days when I saw darkness
They were my rock

They still are!

The boys were out of school yesterday for Martin Luther King Jr Day
I didn't realize they had the day off  3 weeks ago when I was scheduling appointments
Then the hubby came home Friday and said he would be over the road on Monday night
I don't even panic any more, I just know that things will work out


The boys were AMAZING yesterday!

I did hair for 6 hours and turned around and taught classes for 2 and a half hours
I felt so guilty for having to work and tagging them along
but they understand what must be done

This morning we woke up to more snow
Thank goodness for my independence, the snow has been moved,
the boys have been dropped off at school with only one trip back home for a forgotten book
and the day is just beginning

I haven't seen the hubby in 24 hours but ya know what, we've got this

These guys are my world
These boys have no idea how much they have changed my life
We've been through a lot together and it's only made us stronger








No comments:

Post a Comment