Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Some hard/forced decisions


I've spent the last 15 years doing what I love
I started cosmetology school in August of 1999 and graduated a year later
The first 7 years I worked at a Regis owned salon
Those were some of the worst years of my life
They don't care whether you have a family, all they care about is the money you make for them
I also had what I would call a bipolar boss
Happy one minute, Ready to kill the next
I knew that I LOVED what I was doing but knew I couldn't continue down that road
I came home more days than not- in tears
I knew it was going to take "that one day"  when I just couldn't take it any longer
That day came!
I was told about a part time job, interviewed and got the job the next day and gave my 2 week notice

A month after leaving the salon, I opened my own salon and never looked back

I see my clients more than I see most of my family

99.9% of my clients are amazing

There are still some cons to owning my own business but for the most part, I LOVE it

But.... it's time to make some hard and forced decisions

I injured my shoulder last July and it has become excruciating
{to the point that the pain makes me nauseous}

I'll be seeing an orthopedic doctor in Davenport this afternoon and I'm scared to death
I have no idea what the outcome will be

Either way, surgery or no surgery, I'm not sure I can continue in this line of work

It breaks my heart that I may have to give up something I LOVE

I'm saying lots of prayers this morning!





No comments:

Post a Comment