Wednesday, February 19, 2014

We're having a BIRTHDAY {Spencer}



I can't believe this boy is celebrating another birthday already
Wasn't he just 4?

The boy we thought would never weigh 50 pounds,
 now weighs in at a whopping 90+ pounds

Call me over protective but he can now legally ride in the front seat
{If you don't believe me, read the WARNING on the visor in your vehicle}

A few weeks ago, we were following a car that was swerving all over the road
I saw the driver of the car, reach back and hit his child several times
In shock, I said - Oh my gosh, that guy is beating his kid!
The guy reached back and hit his child again and ran the stop sign
I had to make light of the situation and told Spencer I could hit him easier if he sat in the front seat
I was just kidding
I can't tell you the last time I laid a hand on my children other than to love on them

Even though Spencer is still a child and we still have to direct and discipline,
we are definitely seeing a side of him that is maturing

He has taken on a lot of responsibility this year being in middle school
{6 classes, mac book, violin,cell phone, braces ....}
Spence has always done well in school and seems to really enjoy school
I honestly think he got some of my ADD/ADHD and functions better when stimulated
Give this boy too much down time and he will drive you absolutely crazy
His first semester grades came home and this mama was lovin on her 4.0 student
His language arts teacher tells him that he lights up the room
Spencer's always smiling and ALWAYS has something to say {which isn't always a good thing}

Another quality we love about Spencer is his determination
The boy can and will do anything he puts his mind to
Last month Cloud 9 {Snowboard movie} premiered
The next day, Spencer begged us to take him snowboarding
I tried to tell him there wouldn't be enough snow but there was no telling the kid he couldn't do it
{He would have gone down down the hill in the grass just to prove a point}
Dad took him and sure enough, the boy was snowboarding
They came back home and Spencer picked out a new snowboard for his birthday
and has been on a snowboarding kick since



As excited as I am to see what's in store for this kiddo,
 it's hard to watch him turn another year older
















2 comments:

  1. I bet Spencer is loving watching the snowboarding events on the Olympics! Happy Birthday to him! Seems so hard to believe when they hit another birthday, right? Brennan will be 5, FIVE, next month! Ouch! Hurts this mommy's heart. My little side kick is pulling farther and farther away from me, now he just wants to do big kid stuff, like play ball in the basement w/ Aiden and Daddy. Sigh. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we watched our fair share of the Olympics and Spencer talks about all of his favorite snow boarders like he knows them personally LOL. It's hard to watch our kids grow up :(

    ReplyDelete