Monday, February 3, 2014

February




Who in the world thought it was a good idea to include the month of January in the calendar year
It's such a cold boring month 

We're excited that February is finally here

While I'm not looking forward to my first born being another year older,
I am looking forward to Valentine's Day and hopefully some signs of Spring

Growing up, Valentine's Day wasn't a big deal
We got the usual box of Valentines to give our class and that's about it

My children know they're loved but I want them to know what I love about them
and February is the perfect month for this
Each day leading up to Valentine's Day,
I leave a heart on the boys door telling them what I LOVE about them
 Spencer would never tell you that he enjoyed this
but
Parker LOVES it!

I am also doing 14 days of Valentines for the boys this year
We're on day 3 and so far here is what they've received

                                 Day 1: You Melt My Heart- White Chocolate Hot Chocolate
                                 Day 2: You Make Me Smile- Tooth brushes and tooth paste
                                 Day 3: You're My Main Squeeze- Dole Squish'ems

On Valentines Day or shortly after, I'll post what I gave them for all 14 days 

I rigged up some of these Valentine buntings for our living room windows
I'm hoping to get some other Valentine decor made but we'll see if time allows
We're supposed to be getting dumped on again tomorrow
Maybe we can get some fun stuff made


Happy February!










1 comment:

  1. I love love LOVE February!!! Valentine's Day is one of my fav holidays, just love all the colors and the love floating around! :) Your bunting is super cute, love it!!! Had plans to do the heart notes on the door every day too but just didn't get it started and now figure I'll miss a few days in the middle so going to wait til next year.

    ReplyDelete