Friday, March 16, 2012

Welcome SPRING Break

We are on SPRING Break
and it couldn't have come at a better time
BUT
It's almost over
NO!

My children needed a break
I needed a break  (I ended up sick)
and 
this weather
I can not even begin to tell you how much we are enjoying these 70 degree days

We have been catching snakes
riding bikes & scooters
playing at the parks
feeding the ducks
raking the yard
having picnics
playing with friends
 eating popsicles and ice cream treats
running around with no shirts (Just the boys)


We had a little incident with Parker yesterday
The boys begged to take their shirts off
The next thing I know Parker was whining and had a red itchy back
My response- Why were you rolling in the grass when you know you are allergic to to?
Poor little guy!
We had to have a warm oatmeal bath and some Benadryl cream


Call me CRAZY
I LOVE the smell of sweaty little boys
(by little, I mean non puberty age)
That mix of sweaty baby skin and sunscreen
I just LOVE it
I'm sure this time next year I'll be asking Parker why he didn't put his deodorant on
I'm going to enjoy my last summer of smelling my sweet little sunscreened boy

Oh and the freckles . . . .
They are ADORABLE
I tried to rub some of them off today thinking they were dirt
These are the moments I adore

I was feeling a bit jealous and like a bad Mom
A lot of my friends have taken off on Spring vacations
We stayed home all week but I don't think the boys even noticed



Dear Lord, Why can't my little boys stay little?
I am so thankful that I get to stay home with them
Please, never let us forget all the memories


No comments:

Post a Comment