Monday, May 26, 2014

Grandma's goods


 
 
For as long as I can remember, my mom has had a garden
 
A beautiful, fruitful garden that I'm totally jealous of
  
When I was little, the garden was just a big rectangle of tilled dirt with many bountiful plants
 
Now the garden has 4 long rectangular beds with cement brick outlining each rectangle
This method allows my mom to stay in the grass while she plants, weed and pick
The garden has gotten smaller over the years
but it's still as beautiful and giving as ever
 
My mom is so sweet and shares her goods with us
 
Recently she has been stocking my refrigerator with fresh rhubarb
I'm still waiting for her to teach me how to make jam
I'm sure I can make jam, it's the canning process that scares me
so until then, I'm doing the Betty Crocker thing
 
 
With the first batch, I made strawberry rhubarb crisp
 
 
the second batch I made raspberry rhubarb crisp
I love the look of the sugar on the raspberries
 
This was heavenly
 
and on Sunday morning, I brought out the third batch
I tried a new recipe and it was added to the "tried and true" recipes
I'm a sucker for muffin liners
I bought these at Joann's on Saturday and couldn't wait to use them
 
We ate these straight out of the oven and they were AMAZING

We have 2 more bags of rhubarb
It looks like I'll be sticking it in the freezer while I hunt for more new recipes
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment