Tuesday, May 27, 2014

This is it folks




This is it folks, we are down to the last week of school
3.5 days to go
 
I've spent a small fortune on graduates this year
{some of them I've never even met- is that crazy?}
I can't help but think our years are dwindling
 until I'm that mama sobbing while they reach for their diplomas
 
I feel like school just started and it's already almost over
We had a great school year and I couldn't be more proud of our boys
 
Spencer took middle school by the horns
I was worried sick that he would become a slacker
Boy was I wrong
He did all of his homework and assignments without being asked
He was respectful and his teachers love him for this
and
his grades were top notch
{3.6 gpa - Social Studies was his only B+ darn it anyway}
 
Parker has done fabulous as well
He is a math whiz just like his brother
He has come leaps and bounds with his reading
The kid I thought would never read, passed out at a 4th grade level mid year
{Don't get me wrong, he still hates reading- he got that from his mama}
 
We treat the kids at the end of the school year to dinner out on the town
This is a HUGE treat since we don't go out often
They picked Buffalo Wild Wings
I love their pick
None of us have been to a BWW so it will be fun for all of us
 
We have a few fun things going on this week
Awards ceremonies
Spencer's going to Y for "get fit day"
and
Parker's school is going to the Aquatic Center on Friday
 
 
 
 We're almost there kids!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment