Monday, May 12, 2014

Talent show 2014

 
 

A couple of months ago I received a facebook message from Parker's friends mom
asking if I thought Parker would do something with her daughter {Jaime} in the talent show
 
Parker is pretty shy so I said I would ask him and asked what they had in mind
 
She answered back right away: What about having them dance to a 50's song?
 
I asked Parker if he would dance with Jaime and he said he would
I must have told him a hundred times that if he told her he would do it, he couldn't back out
 
I would have never seen this coming
 
We picked a song {Barbara Ann by the Beach Boys},
found a wii Just Dance video so they could learn the moves
and my mom my made Jaime a beautiful pink poodle skirt
 
We had the kids together several times to practice
The night before the talent show Parker was struggling,
he just didn't have it in him that night and Jaime's mom told him he was a mess
I was upset to say the least
Here was a boy I never thought would agree to doing this
He had worked his tail off and basically got shot down
 
After they left, I messaged the mom and told her that I thought Jaime should dance by herself
I didn't want Parker to be the reason they didn't make the show
She told me that she meant nothing by it and said Jaime wouldn't do it if he didn't
 
Well..... the big day came for talent show tryouts
They kids did AMAZING and made it
 
The talent show was last Friday and I was so proud of these kiddos
They were so brave and you would have never known if they were nervous
They performed like they had performed a million times
 
Here it is
 
 
Here are a few snapshots of the kids
 


 
Jaime's mom works at Maid Rite which worked out perfect
 
 
 
Their big day
Poor Jaime is crying in this picture
Their teacher from last year is retiring and they had the second grade classes sing
This sweet girls emotions got the best of her but I think the pink roses helped a little
 
 
Jaime and Parker, we are so proud of you! Love ya both!
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. So so cute! They did a GREAT job!!!! Love that poodle skirt! I always wanted one as a kid, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete