Monday, August 1, 2011

Bribery


I would never bribe my children - That was what I said before I became a mother

Now that I have 2 children, bribery happens quite often

Parker had an absolute fit last week when he saw the carnival rides
and  I told him we WERE NOT going to Great River Days

The only part of Great River Days that I remember, is sitting on my Dad's shoulders
listening to Lee Greenwood and Suzy Bogguss
THOSE WERE THE DAYS

Now I worry about the condition of the rides and the people running them
By the way, I really dislike the word - Carnie

Let me also mention that I probably have
one of the worst cases of motion sickness
I can't even swing on a swing

Anyway, We DID NOT ride the rides
I know, I know....,  I should support Muscatine
We were in the parade
and picked up garbage for Cub Scouts
that should count for something

Instead - I bribed the boys and we went to the aquatic center

We stayed cool and the boys LOVED it


I didn't get many pictures
 They were under the water more than they were out

After a FUN day at the pool
The boys wanted to go see the kitties

I said I would give an update on the kitties
They are ADORABLE

 They are getting pretty playful
I was REALLY hoping this one was a girl
She would have had to come home with me

This one might work :)

I think she loves me
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment