Thursday, August 4, 2011

Just 1/2 a day

Can't I just have 1/2 a day
to do what I want to do
Eat what I want to eat
and not feel guillty about it

Call me selfish:
Spend a month
with my children
nagging, fighting, bickering
And you would want a 1/2 (maybe even a whole) day to yourself too

So, I'm making it a point to have some ME TIME
MUCH NEEDED ME TIME

We have spent all summer doing kid things:
College for Kids
Swimming Lessons
Cub Scout events
Baseball
T-Ball

Then the hubby informs me that bowling starts this month

He has always been good about letting me have ME time
The problem is -
There isn't any time for me after everyone else takes up the calendar

So this month is MINE-
It's my birthday month
and
after a month of my children driving me bonkers

I have taken over the calendar
Okay, not quite
But I have designated 2 days for ME TIME

AND I CAN'T WAIT

I encourage you to do this too!
I love my children more than anything in this world
but I love them even more when I have taken time for myself



No comments:

Post a Comment