Wednesday, December 28, 2011

On to better things

I was talking to my Mom last week about Christmas
It's a whole lot of planning and in one day it's all over
My mom describes it like planning a wedding
You plan for a year and in about 30 minutes the ceremony is over

Christmas just didn't feel like Christmas this year

The temps were warmer than normal
There was no snow
Christmas Eve day was spent at home
and
We decided not to drag our coughing children to the Christmas Eve service at church

As sad as I am that Christmas is over,
I'm ready to move on to better things

But first I thought I would recap some of our holiday memories

On Friday night we had Christmas with my Mom's side of the family
Lots of Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Good Food and Laughter
The boys were spoiled rotten
I LOVE this picture
Parker got Iowa gear from my cousin Erica and her husband Joe
This little guy sure can melt your heart with those beautiful eyes and adorable dimple
Spencer was over joyed with his new cage bingo game
Bingo might become a new Christmas tradition

On Saturday (Christmas Eve) we didn't do much
We relaxed all day and watched Dolphin Tale
I highly recommend the movie
and the boys liked it too

On Christmas morning,
The boys opened gifts
Let's just say Santa was nicer than Mom and Dad
but I'm guessing next year my boys will know the truth about Santa (sniff sniff)
 














On Sunday (Christmas Day) we celebrated with my parents
That Mama of mine can cook!
We ate way to much yummy food
Tried out the keurig
Had a fire in the fire place
Opened gifts
and
Played
You're going to shoot your eye out kid

I think my Dad was more excited than Spencer
While we opened the gun
Grandpa made him a target
After he shot that for a while,
he moved on to pop cans
Not to shabby

I heard Grandma even tried the gun out,
Where was I and why didn't anyone have the camera?

On Monday we had Chip's mom over
and we were successful cooking our first turkey

Monday night we had a family reunion

Today, we are finally done celebrating Christmas
I woke up this morning feeling like I need to detox my body
This body has taken in way to much sugar and fat in the last 4 days
Blahhh.....

Today we will be working hard taking down all of the Christmas decorations

We have a busy weekend planned
I can't wait to share what's going on with you

From our family to yours,
We hope you have a healthy and happy new year



No comments:

Post a Comment