Wednesday, August 28, 2013

We made it!



We have the first full week of school under our belts and so far things are going well


Our biggest obstacles:

This mama is having a hard time with the lack of control I have over my middle schooler
Over night I was expected to hand it over and I'm not liking it
In middle school there isn't much communication between teachers and parents
{My main concern: Is there  homework and is it being done?}
I'm sure I could pick up the phone and call and they would be more than happy to chat with me
I guess the school is expecting the students to take responsibility
If I'm already panicking, I can't imagine what I'll be like when these kids go to college

The hubby and I will be attending Parent's Night tomorrow night
and hopefully I'll feel bettered about everything


Remember those spellings tests we hate.... Ugh!
We hate them because we have to work hard at them but hard work pays off


We've had some minor things here and there:

Who suggested we start school on August 16th? The kids are roasting in the 90 degree temps
Acid burn on the lips due to eating an orange {you guessed it - Parker}
The mulch on the play ground may not have been such a good idea {splinters}


HIGH LIGHTS of the first week:
We survived {need I say more}
Our rock star {Parker} acing his first AR test
Not school related BUT Spencer went to CRUX {youth group} for the first time and loved it

Over all things are going GREAT!









2 comments:

  1. Always a relief after you get through the first full week and see that things are going smoothly!

    Brennan still has a hole in his toe from the mulch at a park we went to this summer, about a month ago! That stuff looks nice but is not the best play ground cover. :(

    I'm struggling with Aiden not telling me about homework. This morning, 2 minutes before we were heading out the door, he tells me "Oh! I'm supposed to take a picture of my favorite singer to music today!" He has music every 3 days, so that would mean he's known this since last Friday. Grr. I said "Well, guess you're not taking one, are you?" And out the door we went. Figured it was a lesson he needed to learn, and it's just music, not math, so no biggie. But I made him think it was a big deal. Grr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, those kiddos are great about waiting until the last minute to tell us they have homework or they need something. I'm a softy and haven't let them learn their lesson yet :)

    ReplyDelete