Friday, August 30, 2013

Living the - What if's



My husband must tell me at least once a week that we can't live the what if's
I know I shouldn't live this way but it's so easy to try to guard ourselves

Should I go blow every penny we have in savings? What if I die tonight?
Should we go on a vacation next week that we really can't afford? What if we all die tomorrow?

Life is short and often times, it's over in the blink of an eye

Would we live differently if we knew we only had a month to live?
I know I would
Shouldn't we live every day like it's our last?

I tend to live the "what if" life
I've missed out on opportunities because I play the what if game
I try to protect my family instead of letting us live and learn

I came across a blog this week that put a week spot in my heart 
and gave me that anxious feeling of - What if

This young family has been through so much yet they are so strong
They look for the good in every situation and know that there's always something to be thankful for

Here's the blog if you would like to learn more about this AMAZING family

Zach is legally blind due to swelling of the optic nerves

After reading post after post from this beautiful family,
I can't help but think of my Spencer

At 9 we were told that he had large optic nerves
At this point they look healthy and symmetrical and his optometrist doesn't seem concerned
Spencer has regular eye exams and Dr. Kreuger is always so kind to look extra close at those nerves

Doctors don't know what caused Zach's optic nerves to swell
I commented on their blog and asked if Zach had any vision issues as a child
His wife responded and said the doctors never said anything about them looking abnormal


Would it do us any good to know whether this is something we would ever face
No it wouldn't
So why am I anxious and thinking - What if


I saw this Pinterest

"what" and "if" are two words as non-threatening as words can be
But put them together side by side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life
What if?











No comments:

Post a Comment