Thursday, April 5, 2012

Allergies and Asthma, Oh how we hate you

I would take them away if I could
As a Mama, I want to make him better but I can't

My little buddy went to the allergy Doc 2 weeks ago
He was doing pretty well
His doctor said he looked as good as he could for being allergic to every grass, tree and weed

The next day
The allergies hit like a ton of bricks

Itchy watery eyes
Stuffy nose
Cough

 NOTHING seems to help 
Right now we are using Zyrtec, Patanase,  Albuterol inhaler, Vaseline to prevent nose bleeds
and MANY MANY boxes of Kleenex

At 7 years old, this little guy shouldn't be asking me if his eyes are puffy as we head out the door for school

He's miserable and I would do anything to make him better but I can't

Our medicine cabinet looks like a pharmacy 

Every morning, his room looks like a Kleenex box exploded

Yesterday morning he was awake at 4:00AM
His eyes swollen and painful
Coughing

After school we headed to the doctor
There had to be something to give this little guy some relief

DIAGNOSIS : Bronchitis and ear infection

It's no wonder my little guy looked and felt so awful

After the doctor appointment, I had to go to work and the boys went with Grandma

When I came home at 7:30PM my Mom and the boys were home
 I knew something was wrong when I saw the look on my Mom's face - PANIC
Parker wasn't doing well!
It takes a lot to get my Mom worked up
She has been a nurse longer than I have been alive
Parker was struggling to breathe
His Dr. told us to give him nebulizer treatments 3-4 times a day
Last night he had his inhaler at 3:30PM,
 a nebulizer treatment at 4:30PM
and by 6:45PM he couldn't catch his breath

SCARY!

I got this email from my Mom this morning


How’s Parker this morning?  I thought and prayed about you all several times!

Mom

I called her with tear filled eyes and thanked her for taking care of my precious little guy
I couldn't be more happy that Parker was with my Mom last night
She's a nurse and knew exactly what to do
When I spoke to her today; She said she has seen children like that
and they can turn for the worse very quick

We had many people praying for Parker last night
Thank You with all my heart




No comments:

Post a Comment