Thursday, April 26, 2012

Life Lately (It's blooming)


Everything is blooming around here


I can't wait until these peonies bloom
They were transplanted years ago from my Mom's house 


  My hostas are finally looking like hostas
When they first popped up, their leaves looked kind of wrinkled and weird
I think our crazy back and forth temps got to them


After last weekends storms, I was worried these beauties wouldn't survive
My mulch had spilled over the brick edging
but these flowers didn't look like they had been touched

A couple of weeks ago, the boys and I stopped by an estate sale in Cranston IA,
on the way home we stopped by Taylor's Market
They have BEAUTIFUL flowers
I limited myself to $20 but could have spent hundreds
This is my favorite
and it's a good thing because I can grow these better than any flower



I planted these pansies this week
and guess who got caught playing in them
I'm certain this kid can smell worms
When I planted the flowers, I saw the worm in the dirt and decided to leave it in the pot
I can't believe he found it


I'm pretty much LOVING these too



I probably should have waited until the weather was a bit warmer
but I got antsy and couldn't wait another day

What do you have blooming in your pots?

No comments:

Post a Comment