Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend


After the week we had, we were ready for a nice RELAXING Easter weekend

We might have relaxed a little too much because it didn't really feel like Easter but that's okay

My little man has had allergy yuck, bronchitis and ear infection so we laid low

We had a wedding Friday night 
CONGRATULATIONS Mr. and Mrs. Joey Petty
I had my hopes set on some yummy wedding cake but Parker was ready to come home and chill out

We came home and made cupcakes since Parker missed his Spring party on Thursday 
He picked FUNFETTI (He is definitely my off spring)

We ended the night with a game of Bingo

On Saturday morning I jolted out of bed after hearing Amelia tear through the house
This long hair beauty has issues
Issues with Poo
She gets it stuck in her fur
Thankfully I got up quickly and confined her to the bathroom
This Mama didn't want to spend my Saturday morning disinfecting bathrooms
and bathing a cat 4 times but we didn't have a choice
She will be going to the vet on Tuesday for a sanitary clip

She can be a pain but we LOVE her 
She enjoyed her first Easter

After we got all the poo cleaned up, we decided to head to Davenport to get the boys new shoes
Am I the only Mama that HATES buying shoes for her children?
I would ALMOST rather stay home and clean up cat poo (I'm just kidding)
I told Spencer before we left - We will not buy you the most expensive pair of shoes you find
At the first shoe store, he found a pair for $82 and a pair for $80
He was convinced he was getting the $80 pair because they weren't the most expensive
Next time, I will set a dollar amount
At the 4th store, they both found some they liked and when the kids are happy, Mama's happy
I hope these shoes last forever

When we got home from shoe shopping, I took Parker to an Easter egg hunt at Bickford Cottage
I was scatter brained and forgot the camera and the inhaler
On a happy note- Parker got a whole bucket full, plus 2 handfuls of eggs
Candy, Candy and More Candy

I thought the boys might think they were too old to color eggs but I was wrong




Saturday night as we were watching TV, the boys were telling me what they hoped the EB would bring them
Why do my kids do this to me?
Now I know why all the CRAZY people waited until the last minute to buy their kids Easter stuff
Parker wanted a lollipop
Spencer wanted something totally different than Parker
AND they waited until 8:00PM the night before Easter to tell me
Needless to say, I did not go to the store after they fell asleep to buy them what they REALLY wanted

They got the same thing-
Animal Planet books
Nike goggles
Money
and 
More candy than any child would ever need

Next year I will be one of those CRAZY women tearing things off the shelf at Wal-Mart at 10:00PM


On Sunday morning I got up early and made the most delicious coffee cake
The recipe we be posted soon
I found the recipe on Pinterest from the Picky Palate blog
The boys loved it (It has to be pretty amazing for them to love it)
I'm sure it had to do with the fact that it was full of fat and sweetness -other wise known as, butter and sugar

We got every body spiffied  up (Is that a word? What's the past tense of spiffy?)
And we went to an AMAZING church service at Heartland Fellowship
Thank you Pastor Tim for your passion and energy
Thank you to the praise team for you glorious songs
and 
Thank you to the workers down stairs who watch over and teach our little ones

After church the kids hunted for some more eggs on the church lawn
Wasn't  the weather beautiful on Sunday?

We came home from church and did absolutely nothing

We hope you had a Blessed Easter!




No comments:

Post a Comment