Saturday, April 14, 2012

They have changed AGAIN

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my child or his eye balls rather

Spencer got new glasses January 12th 

Two weeks ago he started telling me he that he was having trouble seeing

NOT AGAIN!

Last time we made it 6 months, this time we made it less than 4

His eyes are changing ALL the time

The poor kiddo started wearing bifocals last year
I cried when the optometrist told me he needed them
I remember how mean kids can be and that's the last thing any mother wants for their child

We were also told at that appointment that Spencer has large optic nerves
The optometrist didn't explain a lot
I just remember hearing the word - Glaucoma 
As a Mama, I panicked and began researching online
I didn't find much on children with large optic nerves

When I took Spencer to a different optometrist last December, 
I explained that the last optometrist told us about the optic nerves being large
The Dr. looked at me like I had rocks in my head and asked where he was last seen
When I told him, he said, "That figures"
Long story short
He does indeed have large optic nerves and we are keeping an eye on them

Spencer's eye pressure is within normal range. His eye pressure is 18 (10-21 is average)
and
 the nerve is shaped like it's supposed to be
BUT
his prescription has changed AGAIN

I need to find a job with vision insurance!




No comments:

Post a Comment