Sunday, September 1, 2013

Starting school in the heat


           
We made it through the second full week of school and man was it hot

Thankfully our schools in town have air conditioning
There were several schools that let out early every day due to the heat and no air
How do kids concentrate when it's 104 degrees?

I saw on facebook that there were several discussions up for debate
about whether the kids should be practicing in the heat after school
I'm not sure how I feel about this so I'm glad my kiddos aren't playing any sports right now

Speaking of sports
Last week when I was looking at our calendar which is busting at the boxes,
I forgot that our little guy is doing FUNdamentals with the Muscatine Soccer Academy
He starts in 2 weeks and couldn't be more excited

We scored big this weekend with some great coupons
Blain's just remodeled and had a grand reopening sale
They sent out $10 coupons to use this weekend only
I also received a $10 off the purchase of $25 or more at Hibbet Sports
We purchased a soccer ball, shin guards, cleats and socks for less than $25
Signing him up is the expensive part but watching him play will make it all worth it

They boys are enjoying their 3 day weekend {Labor Day}

We'll be back in the books on Tuesday








No comments:

Post a Comment