Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Green Thumb

I'm pretty sure everyone in my family has a green thumb, except me

My mom has had a garden for as long as I can remember

Now that my mom has little helpers (my boys) she plants things JUST for them
They plant potatoes and carrots just so they can dig them up


She aslo plants her usual-

Cucumbers
Onions
Green Beans
Strawberries
Tomatoes
Rhubarb



She also plants zenias, BEAUTIFUL zenias
I have a vase of these sitting on the breakfast bar
They really brighten up a room

I always find something new at Mom's
This week I found these-
They were gorgeous and enormous
My mom struggles to keep them alive every year
She puts netting over them to keep the rabbits out
Once they are ready to bloom, she uncovers them and Ta Da....

Back to the green thumbs in the family

My cousin bought a new house this spring and guess what she has-
She let us try out the produce while she's riding Ragbrai this week
THANK YOU Gretchen!

I guess it's a good thing I don't have green thumb
I don't even have a place I could put a garden if I wanted to



 

I'll just stick to my
 flowers and coleus





I'm still jealous
but so happy my family is willing to share

No comments:

Post a Comment