Sunday, July 17, 2011

Niabi Zoo (Happy Birthday Sophie and Babe)

The boys and I went to Niabi Zoo yesterday for a Cub Scout event


I'll be honest, I DID NOT want to go!
We had just been to the zoo a month ago
I had a million things at home I could have been working on
We have all been a little grumpy the last couple of days
and it was going to be HOT

But we went and I'm so glad we did

The zoo was celebrating Sophie and Babe's birthdays
The zoo is SO LUCKY to have these elephants
I was fascinated by them and wanted to know more, so I asked-
Sophie is the smaller of the 2. She's the oldest (41) and she has little tusks
Babe is bigger. She's the youngest (36). She has stars on her rump and she loves to paint

Check this out!

Here is some of her art work-

 The art work was auctioned off to raise money for the girls new home




Hy-Vee donated the girls birthday cakes

 Aren't they adorable?

Thank you for sharing your cake Sophie and Babe


As a little girl, I remember my Dad taking us to the zoo on his day off
I couldn't wait to see Kathy Sh-boom

I hope my boys always remember their trips to the zoo

Here are a few other pictures-
Parker had his face painted like a lion to go with his lions mane
(I think it's time for a haircut)

Spencer loved this goat

Who really wants to jump in a bounce house in mid July and get sweaty
These guys!

It was a warm one but I'm so glad we spent the day at the zoo

No comments:

Post a Comment