Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Winning isn't everything

We played our first tournament game last night

This guy got to do a little catching

The boys got a little break due to some weather issues

Then the sun came out and they were ready to play again


They didn't win but they had fun and they played with their hearts

During our drive home last night we had a talk about winning:
Winning isn't everything!
It's ok to lose but it's not ok to lose and be a sore loser


We have played many teams this year and I have noticed
this must be the age that boys become very competitive:

I have seen bats thrown
I have heard boys talking back to the ump
I have seen boys crying
I have heard things come out of kids mouths, that nearly make me fall to my knees

So far, my boys have been pretty good sports. Sure they would love to win every game but that's not being realistic. Their dad and I just want them to have fun and try their best

I'll be the first to admit that there are calls I don't like
and rules that I think are ridiculous but it is what it is!

They had fun, they made new friends and they grew as a team
 Isn't that what sports are about?


While I'm sad that our Kent Stein days are done for the year
we still have our "little buddy" playing ball















Parker has had a great year at t-ball even though he tried
 to convince us that he needed to play baseball NOT t-ball.

He's had lots of great hits
 (even though he would prefer to throw the t-ball stand than hit off of it)

His coaches have nicknamed him SPEEDY. His legs may be short but that boy can RUN

Parker asked me after his first game if his team won.
I told him they didn't keep track of score in t-ball

They are ALL winners!




No comments:

Post a Comment