Monday, January 16, 2012

Church and friendships

I hope those that read this post,
read it with an open heart

I have been attending the same church for the last 27 years
The church has hit some bumps along the way (What church hasn't?)
One of those pot holes was app. 6 weeks before the hubby and I were married
We could have walked away from the church
but it was the church I was raised in; I wanted to be married there
and we have continued to go

For the last couple of years we have wondered if Mulford is still where we belong
To be honest, I think we have stayed for the wrong reasons
I think we have stayed for the friendships and our comfort level

We decided it was time to step out of the box

We visited a new church yesterday

For the first time in a LONG time,
I left wondering what the next sermon would bring
I felt excitment and passion

Will we attend this new church?
I'm not sure

Maybe Mulford IS our church

We need to do some soul searching and find out

I want to thank you for your friendships
I have seen so many friendships broken when families leave a church
I hope this doesn't happen with us
We need more
 I hope that you pray for our family
as we seek to find a church that gives us what we need

No comments:

Post a Comment